Free Premium Access Free Premium Access

Vaudeville Theatre

  • About
    The original theatre on this site was designed by C J Phipps and opened on 16 April 1870. The theatre was subsequently reconstructed, to designs once again by C J Phipps, and reopened on 13 Janaury 1891. This theatre added the still existing four-storey high frontage in Portland stone. The theatre then closed on 7 November 1925 when the interior was completely reconstructed to designs by Robert Atkins - the auditorium was changed from a horseshoe shape to the current rectangle shape - reopening on 23 February 1926.
  • Capacity
    690
  • Address
    404 Strand
    London
    WC2R 0NH
  • Website

Members of Mandy Theatre Professionals who have worked for Vaudeville Theatre