Welcome to Mandy Welcome to Mandy

Rowntree Players

The Joseph Rowntree Theatre, was designed by the well-known architect Barry Parker, and built in 1935. It was then known as The Joseph Rowntree Hall, but was renamed The Joseph Rowntree Theatre in 1946. It was built at a total cost of £12,000, which was provided by the Joseph Rowntree Village Trustees. Simple architectural features, combined with a warm colour scheme and hidden lighting, were designed to give an intimate and welcoming atmosphere to the 450 seater auditorium. The hall was equipped with the most up to date acoustics, lighting and heating system and a magnificent curved cyclorama.

Apart from a period during World War II, when the building was used for war work, the theatre has been in constant use for the benefit and enjoyment of the public.

The opportunity arose in 2001 for the theatre to be run independently. With the support of Nestlé UK a charitable trust was established to oversee the running of the theatre. After a two-year set up period the charitable trust secured a long-term lease to managed and operate the Joseph Rowntree Theatre as a community facility.

The Joseph Rowntree Theatre Limited was incorporated on 12 March 2003 and registered charity status granted on 2 July 2003. Since then, the charitable trust has instigated a number of improvements to ensure the continued operation of the theatre for the future.



Members of Mandy Theatre Professionals who have worked for Rowntree Players

Rowntree Players Jobs

For details of known Rowntree Players vacancies, please check our jobs board for more information

Alternative Company Names

Joseph Rowntree Theatre,Rowntree Theatre,Rowntree Theatre Company